Econsultancy.com is a community of the world’s digital marketing and eCommerce professionals. They published an analysis of over 80+ million eCommerce site searches to find the most popular costume themes for 2014.
Here are the Top 15
- Frozen – 1,192,000 (includes searches Elsa, Olaf & other characters)
- Zombie – 863,000
- Ninja – 863,000
- Pirate – 796,000
- Clown – 659,000
- Witch – 588,000
- Vampire – 565,000
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle (TMNT) – 536,000
- Book of Life – 308,000 (includes searches for “Day of the Dead”)
- Flapper – 277,000
- Batman – 251,000
- Despicable Me – 233,000 (78% of related searches for Minion characters)
- Maleficent – 227,000
- Monster High – 206,000
- Star Wars – 148,000
The vast majority of these costume themes are driven or influenced by movies.
Question for the business owner or decision maker:
- Who or what are the sources of influences that are swaying your prospects’ minds?
- Can you influence the influencers?
- Can you predict where the influencers are headed to improve your position inthe market?
Tell me in the comments below who the influencers are in your market and how you predict what they will do OR just tell me what was the last Halloween costume you wore.
Mine was Colonel Mustard pictured here with Miss Scarlett.